"It immediately looked right."
It’s been 60 years since the double helix structure of DNA, the key to life itself, was first revealed to the world. The BBC’s “Science in Action” walks the listener along the journey of this discovery with some of the scientific giants of the time. The delight is still there in those voices. So wonderful.
Also clears up some of the debate over the credit of Crick and Watson. Their approaches to modeling and sense of beauty moved the idea forward… through actual base pairing cut-outs!
(h/t Krista Tippett)
16 Notes/ Hide
- precious-friend likes this
- sleepyheathen reblogged this from beingblog
- angerstagram likes this
- teachingisforlearning reblogged this from beingblog
- ak-seventy reblogged this from beingblog
- thetrickbrain likes this
- duchesscarroll likes this
- mochte likes this
- femmeviva reblogged this from beingblog
- femmeviva likes this
- runningjaggedly likes this
- msmonneypenny reblogged this from beingblog
- journalez likes this
- kenbunny reblogged this from beingblog
- beingblog reblogged this from trentgilliss
- trentgilliss posted this