Thought this was a fun take on data that is often in the news but becomes just another set of mundane statistics.
Maps of Sin
Trent Gilliss, online editor
The infographic above from this month’s Wired Magazine plots per-capita statistics of specified sets of data with the seven deadly sins — wrath is a compilation of violent crime numbers while gluttony is paired with the concentration of fast-food joints.
Naturally, your eye is drawn to where you live. In some cases, it is a cold, hard dose of reality. In others, it’s about what I expected. We’re located in Minnesota, so I found myself generally nodding in agreement.
But, if you’re like me and are a transplant from another state (in my case North Dakota), you revisit home and wondered why you ever left there — greed, wrath, envy, lust, pride — or realize exactly what drove you away — sloth (we NoDaks are an overly pragmatic bunch of home-dwellers).
Draw any conclusions yourself? Enlighten us and leave a comment!
(source: Kansas State University Geography/USACE)
(via SOF Observed)
39 Notes/ Hide
- lemongrasska likes this
- feelenervate likes this
- ziggytk reblogged this from beingblog
- gorr reblogged this from seaofstatic and added:
- seaofstatic reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- temptationofadam reblogged this from marthaq
- awkwardconfident likes this
- crocket likes this
- singmeamorning reblogged this from marthaq
- thewaythingsgo likes this
- ajayne likes this
- marthaq reblogged this from basicallyimcomplicated
- saradarling reblogged this from basicallyimcomplicated
- truestory likes this
- basicallyimcomplicated reblogged this from porcupineschool
- trentgilliss reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- moorewr likes this
- porcupineschool reblogged this from beingblog and added:
- beingblog posted this